Friday 13 January 2017

Digital Surrealism





           1. The intended message of my piece is that people are too addicted to technology that they are too busy to notice anything out of their cellphone screens. I used a picture of Disha to represent the one who needs attention, and Gonzo and Darryn to represent the three people overly immersed in their devices. I used a picture of an abandoned hallway to represent the world being overlooked and abandoned because people are too busy giving attention to their devices.

            2. I first planned my picture in my sketchbook. I then took several pictures of Gonzo, Darryn, and Disha. I sorted them and proceeded to take the best ones and copy them to photoshop. I masked off the white background on all pictures and compiled them into one file. From there I set up the places and blurred out everything but Disha manually, to make the focus on her. I used the burn tool to make her shadow on the floor.

            3. I learned that shadows can make a big difference when it comes to realism in photoshop, because if there was no shadow for the photo it would look very bland and out of place. I am satisfied with the end result because I worked really hard and it came out really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment